- The average weight of a rowing shell per athlete varies from 14KG (single scull) to 19.3KG (8+ including the weight of the coxswain)
- Shell bounce is a major boat run killer.
- Sloppy catches lead to speed stopping checks… every single time a stroke is taken.
- Finishes that wash out, slow the boat down and make high stroke rates difficult and leads to reverse ratio. (Rush)
- “All knees and elbows” muscular engagement stifles racing speed. Quote from The Boys In A Boat
The footage above shows my sculling a few days before the world championships.