When I trained by myself, I loved listen to music:
1. Train with music it is good for the competitive brain
- Above is a group who posted their rendition of a newer famous song.
- This type of song is what I listened to when I rode my bike along the Pacific Coast as I trained for Olympic Games and world championships.
- The high notes and chorus gave me chills and goose bumps and it also brew competitive aggression in me.
- It is weird that such a beautiful song generated “an all or nothing attitude” in my body and soul.
2. When training as a team in winter, and indoors….
- The winter months are upon us. This means lots of training indoors.
- I recommend having workouts when athletes can listen to their own tunes.
- I believe that some melodies are more conductive to better rowing and although faster-hard hitting tunes can be motivating, these may not be conductive to further technique and smooth powerful accelerations.
3. Other tunes I enjoyed listening to:
- Pressure by Queen: http://youtu.be/YoDh_gHDvkk?t=1m22s
- Enya: http://youtu.be/KxGXFWXvKrQ?t=24m16s
- Carly Simon: http://youtu.be/cv-0mmVnxPA CONSTANT GOOSE BUMBPS…..
Music is awesome, use it to train better. I understand the mind of a competitor like you, join my Performer Program