Here is how I won Olympic gold in the single scull, a life changing experience thanks to my elite rowing coaches.
Thanks to elite coaches and others:
This gold medal would not have been possible without the great support I received from family and coaches. I may be the only person sitting in the boat, yet there is a number of people who were catalysts for this achievement.
- Elite Coaches: Harry Mahon - NZ; Marty Aitken - AUS, Scott Roop - USA (Brown), Steve Gladstone - USA (Harvard-Cal-Brown-Yale),
- Family: My mom Edith and my dad Peter who is the recipient of the kiss I blew to the sky once I crossed the finish line; my sister Alexia who put up with a lot of rowing talk, my grandparents Opa and Omi.
- Sponsors: Red Bull, Swiss Sports Help, IBM.
- Rowing Federation: Daniel Homberger
- Physio Therapist: Frans Rompen CH, John Balletto RI, and Mark Dixon CA.
Final 500M split time, 1:36.56, is the fastest split time ever clocked in the single scull in the final 500 of a world championships or Olympic Games.